Sunday, August 13, 2006

 

Bye-bye Africa

Well, it’s down to my last few hours in West Africa before I’m off the western world again. I can't think of anything profound or philosophical to write to conclude my experiences here, this probably has something to do with the pounding on my skull, a painful reminder of the too much fun that I had last night (nothing like taking a long intercontinetal flight hung-over!). But I do know that I will be back again. This doesn’t feel like a ‘goodbye’ so much as a ‘seeya later’

It seems weird but I’m actually looking forward to the opulence of economy class flying with such luxuries as one person per seat, air conditioning and other such nifty innovations. That’s to say nothing of the food either, no fufu or plain white rice in sight! Oh the joys!

Once I get to Australia, where I think I have a couple days layover so I don’t have to immediately hop on another plane for the states like I originally thought, I will try to get a bunch of pictures uploaded onto here. The internet here has been too particular for that to be practical so far.

Ok its time to go to the airport, I've heard they want you at the airport here something crazy like 5 hours before departure time. I can't figure out why, (it was like this before the London thing) but then again I've learned to not to ask the 'why' questions sometimes...

Thanks to everyone for all the comments, emails and support. If anyone had subsribed to this blog they might want to unsubscribe soon. I will have to do some work on it too add the pictures and it might end up sending a gazillion emails to your inbox and that might get a bit annoying.


So hopefully, if all my many flights go well I will be seeing everyone very soon!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?